Since its inception in 1975, Goa Management Association has consistently evolved to represent the interests of management practitioners, professionals and students in Goa and to promote and develop eduction and research in management. GMA is affiliated to the All India Management Association (AIMA), New Delhi and is one of the active and vibrant local management associations (LMAs) of AIMA.
GMA provides a platform for management professionals and students to constantly update themselves and their knowledge with contemporary managerial practices and events shaping the profession across the globe. Varied activities are undertaken, all round the year, for this purpose, to create a platform for debate on management, such as open training programmes, monthly lectures under the Knowledge Lecture Series, panel discussions, lecture series programmes in collaboration with management institutes for management students, conventions, and other activities. GMA also recognises outstanding management professionals in Goa with its Annual Awards.
- To promote exchange of knowledge, experience, ideas on scientific management, principles and practices.
- To stimulate thought and effort towards the promotion and development of Management through lectures, conferences, workshops, seminars, courses, study groups and discussions on management subjects.
- To co-operate with educational and research institutions to develop schemes of instructions in management principles and practice, stimulating participation in management education.
- To provide library of management books, periodicals and papers and to arrange for circulation and publication of latest developments in management principles and practices.
- To publish a journal on management developments and trends with particular reference to the needs of this territory.
- To maintain an active liaison with organisations interested in management.